Friday, August 1, 2008

29 Day Giving Challenge

There's a movement underfoot and it is about giving. I think it is worth sharing.

If you are a TV watcher, then you probably caught Oprah's Giving Challenge, or the show about building houses for needy people. (I'm not that big on TV so the name escapes me.) If you are movie enthusiast, you probaby heard of "Pay it Forward." Personally, I think it is great that the media is exposing and supporting this movement. Personally, outside of the cooking and travel channels, the rest of TV is filled with junk food for the mind. But I digress..

There's a social network that deserves attention. It's called the 29 Day Giving Challenge and you can check it out at:www.givingchallenge.ning.com

Here's the blurb on the website: Give one thing away each day for 29 days. Why? Because to see the world change, we have to do something to change the world.
GOAL: Inspire at least 2,000 people to commit to the 29-Day Giving Challenge by 9/29/08.

For those of us who are givers, you may think, "I do it everyday, why sign-up?" Personally, I think it makes us more aware of giving, how to give, what to give and when to give and where to give. Your own answers may suprise you!

No comments: