Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Mediterraneo in Hermosa Beach - Amazing Tapas

A girlfriend and I tried this Pier Ave hang-out and were very impressed with our fare. We each picked two selections. I choose the stewed calamari with red peppers. I was happy to see it arrive with grilled bread for mop sauce. It was hearty and satisfying. The asparagus wrapped in prosciutto with Romano cheese was perfect. The vegetable was cooked perfectly, still had some snap, and was wonderfully salty between the cured meat and Romano. The sweetness of a glass fof pinot grigio was a good accompanyment.My friend hit the mark with her selections of roasted dates stuffed with cambozola cheese (yum -yum and yum!) and a shrimp and scallops in a basil cream sauce.The staff was helpful and prompt. There is an outside patio is equipped with heat lamps for perfect people-watching. The weather was cold and rainy so we opted for inside seating which was a bit noisy but happily festive for a Friday night outing.On a final note - this tapas bar far surpassed my tapas experiences in Spain and I look forward to coming back and sampling more of the menu.Here's their website: http://www.mediterraneohb.com/

No comments: