Monday, January 21, 2008

Glorious Apple Pancakes at Dinah's

Yesterday a friend of mine, trained in the culinary arts, suggested breakfast at Dinah's. I had driven by dozens of times over the past 15 years. It is located in a non-descript, semi-run down looking strip mall. Little did I know it was a hotspot for Angelino's. A brief history: Dinah's has been around since the 50's and is known for their fried chicken, ribs and pancakes.

We split the apple pancake - LARGE. I was not dissapointed. With lots of cooked apple slices and a thin layer of pancake topped with lots of butter, sugar and cinamonn, this was more like a dessert than breakfast. Proud to say, I only ate a quarter at our get-together, later in the day, I warmed the left-over in skillet and topped it off with sugar-free vanilla ice cream. I enjoyed every mouthful. And promptly went to the gym for a 30 minutes! Ah the desire to be healthy challenged by sweet desire!

Tip: The apple pancake takes 20 minutes to prepare. Good things come to those that wait!

Dinah's website: http://www.dinahsrestaurant.com/aboutus.html

No comments: