Friday, October 24, 2008

Turkish Delights


Istanbul is a treasure trove of sensory experiences. Look and you will see amazing historic sites like Hagia Sophia, and the Blue Mosque. Taste the sweetness of lokum (Turkish delight), baklava or halva and you tastebuds will thank you. Listen to the beautiful and exotic call to prayer, take a moment to say your own prayer and you will feel doubley blessed. Feel the heat emmanting from the marble slab of the hamman amd you will be relaxed and cleansed. Smell the aroma of the apple tea that served as you shop at the Grand Bazaar and you will feel welcome.

My trip to Turkey was filled with new experiences and I felt very fortunate to see as much as I did in a short amount of time.
I was thrilled upon checking into my hotel room with a partial water view to the left and a view of a mosque to my right. The hotel had a spectalar roof top patio perfect for panaramic photo opportunities of the water and the Blue Mosque. I did my homework on the internet, checked out http://www.tripadvisor.com/ and called Best Western central reservation to book my stay at the Best Western President. I would, however, recommend to book online at the hotel's website - they have better deals on tours, airport transfer etc. The General Manager did everything to ensure my stay was a good one and therefore, I think this is worth mentioning.












t

No comments: