Friday, October 24, 2008

Girl on a Bus

As I was driving home today, I sat at a red light behind a school bus. It was a long light. I started to notice the girl sitting on the back of the bus was in a wheelchair and her head kept bobbing back and forth. May the sun was hitting her and it was uncomfortable? Maybe she was talking to someone? I kept observing. What I then saw, tugged at my heart strings. She was crying. I scanned the bus to see if there was anyone to help her. It look liked she was the sole passenger at the back of the bus and I kept thinking - how can I help her? Strange as this may sound, I tried to help her by talking to her silently in my car. "It's ok....it will be ok...you are almost home." The bus continued on and I arrived home wishing I could have done more.

No comments: