Sunday, August 23, 2009

Big Sky Countries Summer Fundraiser



What a great event!

I had to post an entry to congratulate Nicole Blackburn, the founder of Big Sky Countries.

My friend, Paul, had invited me to the "Morrocan World-Market" Benefit that took place at a private house in Manhattan Beach that was transformed into one of the best fundraisers I've been to in a long time.

Great people - a fun, interesting crowd. Lots things to see and try from tarot readings, live music (and my favorite Hawaiian version of "Over the Rainbow), to artists creating live art with attendees as the subject matter, a silent auction, cocktails and food....Fun. Fun. Fun.

The cause? Big Sky Countries has a wonderful mission.- donating large-scale murals to children's facilities around the world. Since 2006, murals have been painted in Thailand, Ireland, the Philippines, Bolivia, New Orleans, and Los Angeles. These children's facilities include elementary schools, orphanages, children'shospitals and youth centers. All children, faculty members, and well, everyone is encouraged to paint.

Nicole's next project? You guessed it - Morrocco.

I wish I could join her.

No comments: