Wednesday, October 22, 2008

The Women's Conference Pledge

As each year passes faster than the next (just as my mother said it would) it has become increasingly important to live a good and full life.

Days and months fly by and you wonder, where did the time go? What have I done recently that is important? The pledge below is part of the Women's Conference. Read it. It is certainly worth sharing and really thinking about.


1 I pledge to "show up" in my life as myself, not as an imitation of anyone else.
2 I pledge to avoid using the word "just" to describe myself. For example, I won't say, "I'm just a mother," "I'm just a student" or "I'm just an ordinary person."
3 I pledge to give myself 10 minutes of silence and stillness everyday to get in touch with my heart and hear my own voice.
4 I pledge to use my voice to connect my dreams to my actions.
5 I pledge to use my voice to empower myself and others.
6 I pledge to serve my community at least once a year in a way that will benefit others.
7 I pledge to ask myself: "Who am I? What do I believe in? What am I grateful for? What do I want my life to stand for?"
8 I pledge to sit down and write my own mission statement.
9 I pledge to live my own legacy.
10 I pledge to pass it on.

No comments: