Sunday, August 23, 2009

Lunch at Terranea


Last week a friend and I decided we wanted to have lunch at Terranea at Nelson's. I had heard it was a new hot spot and being that it is right in my backyard in Palos Verdes - I was eager to try it.

Terranea was packed. What economic slump? The valets couldn't keep up with the volume of cars and the lobby was buzzing. Map in hand, my friend and I explored the property. The family pool was filled with splashing kids and the adjacent patio restaurant was full. The view from the lobby balcony of this scene, coupled with the backdrop of the private beach was really wonderful. It was great to see people laughing and having fun.

Next - a quick walk through of the spa - large yet inviting - with intriguing and inviting pieces of art - a terrific retail area - spa bar and outside dining - and quiet adult pool for spa clients only. The fitness center was small and compact - by this time - we were eager for lunch.

There was a line for Nelson's - but it was worth it. I thoroughly enjoyed my lobster roll and beer but my friend - a chef - said his fish sandwich was just so so.

Would I go back? Yes. There were so many wonderfully planned sitting areas and nooks for socializing and enjoying the fabulous views.

No comments: