Monday, May 11, 2009

Greetings from Miami Airport - Top of the Port Restaurant

What a great find!

After disembarking from a long journey that started yesterday at 2 pm in Gramado, Brazil, I arrived at Miami airport facing a 4 hour lay-over. I was so happy that Customs was a breeze. There was only 1 person in front of me and at baggage, I met a very interesting, friendly and good-looking (trifecta!) man and we struck up a nice conversation at 5:30 am or whatever time it was. It always make it so much nicer when traveling to have a friendly exchange. Anyhow, dropping off my luggage was also a breeze - follow the yellow circles - another short distance - and viola! With ticket in hand, I asked for a referral from AA check-in on a good place to hang out during my lay-over and here I am at "Top of the Port" - a restaurant at the top of a hotel that couldn't be easier to get to and more accessible from Terminal E. It's civlized.

My waiter was very accommodating as I asked to switch potoatos for fruit and bacon for tomato. What huge portions. The best I could do was to eat only half of everything - and even that was way beyond the portion restriction I enjoyed and became accustom to at Kurotel Longevity Center in Brazil. Before, I would have cleared everything on the plate -thinking that it was all healthy - eggs, fruit, vegetable, whole wheat bread, juice. But I learned even with healthy choices, there must be portion control. As you can see, I am still very food-focused.

Back to the restaurant tip - it's a great place to get away from the crowds, noise and confusion of Miami International Airport. And the bathrooms are very, very clean! I had considered the Admirals Lounge - but this is a much better deal. Quite elegance at a very reasonable price of admission. Breakfast with tip was less than $20.

No comments: