Friday, May 29, 2009

The Great Gatsby Chef's Dinner

I blogged last year about the PV Art Associates knowing how to throw a party. Well, the Spanish themed dinner was a real show-stopper. The event was held on a private estate in Palos Verdes with incredible views and vistas. The Andalucian horse show had the crowd of 200 oohing and ahhing and Christine's Restaurant did a fabulous job with catering. Who throws these kind of events? " I wondered, "I'd like to join them!"

Well, a year later and I am part of the planning committe for the themed Great Gatsby dinner which will take place July 18th. Our group is fabulous with great ideas, enthusiasm and a knack for planning stellar parties.

Today I headed to the library to research July 18th, 1925. For those of you who might need to brush up on The Great Gatsby - the book takes place in the roaring 20's and was actually published in 1925. Since the date of our soiree is July 18th - well, you get the idea.

No comments: