Sunday, July 27, 2008

New Food Network Star

The Season Finale ended with "Big Daddy" winning and it looks like it couldn't have happened to a nicer guy. I only started following the show for the last month or so but quickly found myself rooting for Aaron because he is so likeable - like a big teddy bear and someone you could imagine being a great neighbor, teacher or friend. I have to admit, his stammering and anxiety before going on-camera and during filming, at times made me uncomforable to watch and I found myself flipping the channel to avoid this discomfort...but it also made me want to watch him succeed. For vieweres that are not public speakers - his win is inspirational. If you have the passion and dedication to utilize your God-given talents and are an all around good person, things work out.

As for Lisa, I was rooting for her too. While Aaron is down-to-earth and friendly, Lisa is polished and multi-faceted. It's interesting to see when others are so tough on themselves, when they are blessed with talent and have so much to offer. It makes you think about yourself and what you have to offer the world and sometimes, the biggest challenge is not tripping over yourself.

I'm looking forward to seeing Aaron's first show. For the first time, I checked out the food network website and it looks like there are some recipes I will definately try out...

www.foodnetwork.com

1 comment:

Temeculamom said...

I started watching it about the same time you did. My husband was sure Aaron was going to win. He does seem like a really nice guy. I could wish for better grammar, but I would love to eat the food he cooks. Did you see the bacon wrapped potatoes? They looked delicious!