Friday, June 20, 2008

Taco Tuesday & Happy Hour at El Torito in Redondo

A friend introduced me to Taco Tuesday at El Torito located at the pier in Redondo Beach. Although somewhat of a landmark at the pier, I had passed this up time and time again. Call it food snobbery - or anti-food chain mentality - I don't think this was ever on my radar for a rocking good time!

I was pleasantly suprised upon entering the dining room - the panaramic view of Redondo Beach was incredible. There were swimmers froclicking in the surf, folks enjoying the bike and foot path...all this... and...the Lakers were playing the Celtics - (they won that game and the rest is history). Definately a good vibe to this place. The chips were salty, the salsa had some kick and the tacos were good. I was impressed at the women working hard to produce fresh tortillas at the taco bar. She fills them with your choice of meat and you add the fixings from the buffet. I wouldn't recommend the combo plate - to me - fried bits and pieces of the same things in different configurations.

Yesterday after driving all over L.A. for two appointments and hitting Thursday rush hour - I was in the mood for attitude adjustment at the beach, with some salty chips. El Torito called my name. After consuming half the basket of chips, I tried the chicken quesidalla - quite good. The location is wonderful. The food is cheap. And with the economy the way it is, I'll probably be headed to El Torito more often.

No comments: