Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day


It's a day of love, indulgences and sweetness.

What I find interesting is the different reactions when you go through your day and bestow Valentines wishes. For example, when I asked my doctor how his Valentines Day was going, he smiled and then scoffed, remarking it is purely capitalisitic - created only to make money. He softened a bit and asked why we cound't just show love for each other every day. He then volunteered that he presents his wife with flowers each Saturday. I think that's wonderful.

We should show our appreciation for each other. And often. I like Valentines Day (even in my currently single state) with all the card-sending, gift-giving opportunities. I like wearing red or pink, sending funny ecards and making special treats. I'm a proponent that every day should be a celebration, but do we make the time or effort to do that every day? I admit, I enjoy receiving too! I like being suprised when a package arrives on my doorstep from a friend and hand-made notes and cards are sent to me from nephews and my niece. I love the sentimental card my Mom sends.

I have a lot of favorite quotes, poems and verses. Today's celebration of love calls for classic..... 1Corinthians 13:4-7
Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or boastful, or proud or rude. Love does not demand its own way. Love is not irritable, and keeps no record of when it has been wronged. It is never glad about injustice but rejoices whenever the truth wins out. Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance.

I hope everyone reading this had a good day today, were nice to strangers, kind to themselves and thoughtful to those that make a difference in their life.

No comments: