Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Babycakes Opens

I was curious to know what type of bakery was hiding behind the brown paper taped across the storefront window. Cheerful pink and white striped singage announced the coming of "Babycakes". http://www.babycakesshop.com/ Weeks turned into months and curiosity continued to build. One day, as I was driving "up the hill" (as the locals refer to the stretch of road heading into Palos Verdes), I was suprised to see Babycakes open. I had a hankering for something sweet, so I stopped. Finally!

The inside is so cutely decorated and harkens back to 40's or 50's type of decor that just puts a smile on your face. It's cheerful and upbeat. Plus, who can resist daily made, fresh cupcakes? I went in to order one cupcake and ended up walking out with half a dozen! Ooolala.Oreo cookie, Meyer Lemon, Nutella, Herb, and Italian Orange (my personal favorite) Babycakes is our own version of Sprinkles (for those of you who don't know, Sprinkles is a famous cupcake store in Beverly Hills.)

I enjoyed meeting the owner behind Babycakes, (sorry but her name escapes me). She was so gracious and friendly and took the time to describe each of her creations and their ingredients.

No comments: