Thursday, May 29, 2008

Elvis Costello & The Police at the Hollywood Bowl

What could be better on a beautiful L.A. day, then heading to the Hollywood Bowl, picnic basket in hand with good company, ready to see a great line-up! Before entering, 3 women enjoyed Pinot Grigio while waiting for our 4th wheel - a husband - to join us.

We hoofed it to our box seats while Elvis sang his heart out onstage. The guy looks the same and his classics are awesome. We waited for "Pump it up" to get the audience really frenzied but alas that was not to happen. Sting came on for a duet of Alison which I thought was awesome.

When The Police came on stage - I let my hair down. I think I sang nearly every song, clapped to the beat, hollered and hooted and had so much fun, I wondered why I don't make it to more concerts. I was up and out of my seat, stomping my foot on the concrete, moving to the music - I felt like a kid again. No one seemed to care and the 18,000 in the audience made for an intimate setting (well, as far as concerts go!)

For the last 2 days, I've brought out all my Sting CDs and have been playing them non-stop. Too bad you can't hear me sing!

2 comments:

Marty in Palm Beach said...

enjoyed the article; interesting concept you've done with your 'blog' page; very impressive; enjoyed the articles; great to see that somethings, like your talent, have not changed or waned in any way.....MH from FLA

Anonymous said...

nice blog....good content...